All the ones I have done I have marked in bold. I also have added extra comments (if you copy and paste this make sure to remove them). My score is 60 / 102 which is heaps better than I expected.
How many of these things have you done?
1. Heard a kookaburra in person.
2. Slept under the stars.
3. Seen a koala. (I’ve held one)
4. Visited Melbourne. (I lived in Melbourne, so you could say yes?)
5. Watched a summer thunderstorm. (Used to live in Tamworth, great Summer thunderstorms)
6. Worn a pair of thongs. (I have two pairs)
7. Been to Uluru. (Ayer’s Rock)
8. Visited Cape York.
9. Held a snake.
10. Sang along with Khe San. (At the pub a couple times)
11. Drank VB. (Yes, I prefer Tooheys New though)
12. Visited Sydney. (I lived there for two weeks, so it’s a visit, right?)
13. Have seen a shark.
14. Have used Aussie (and NZ) slang naturally in a conversation. (Too right!)
15. Had an actual conversation with an Indigenous Australian (Aboriginal).
16. Eaten hot chips from the bag at the beach.
17. Walked/climbed over the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
18. Used an outside dunny, and checked under the seat before sitting down.
19. Seen Chloe in Young & Jackson’s.
20. Slept on an overnight train or bus. (From Wauchope to Melbourne)
21. Been to Sydney’s Mardi Gras.
22. Have gone bush-bashing. (On a mate’s farm)
23. Taken a sickie.
24. Been to see a game of Aussie Rules football. (I prefer NRL)
25. Have seen wild camels.
26. Gone skinny dipping.
27. Done a Tim Tam Slam. (Love it with coffee)
28. Ridden in a tram in Melbourne. (Tram and train was my transport)
29. Been at an ANZAC day Dawn Service.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset. (Have watched both)
31. Held a wombat.
32. Been on a roadtrip of 800km or more.
33. Seen the Great Australian Bight in person.
34. Had a really bad sunburn. (Lasted about two weeks, worst sunburn ever)
35. Visited an Aboriginal community.
36. Seen a redback spider. (Way too many times)
37. Have watched Paul Hogan. (You call that a knife, THIS is a knife)
38. Seen Blue Poles in person.
39. Wandered barefoot in the bush/outback.
40. Eaten Vegemite.
41. Thrown a boomerang. (It didn’t come back though, need a technique)
42. Seen the Kimberleys.
43. Given a hitch-hiker a lift. (No, but a person gave me a lift when hitch-hiking)
44. Been to Perth.
45. Have tried Lemon, Lime and Bitters. (Have one after a couple beers)
46. Tried playing a didgeridoo. (When Aboriginals visited our school)
47. Seen dinosaur footprints.
48. Eaten Tim Tams. (Love ’em)
49. Been to Darwin.
50. Touched a kangaroo.
51. Visted the Great Barrier Reef. (I live in Townsville, never been there though)
52. Listened to Kevin Bloody Wilson.
53. Killed a Cane Toad. (Quite a few here)
54. Gone to a drive-in theatre.
55. Have read and own books by Australian authors.
56. Visited Adelaide.
57. Know the story behind “Eternity”.
58. Been camping.
59. Visited Brisbane. (Stopped off driving from Townsville to Port Macquarie)
60. Been in an outback pub.
61. Know what the term “Waltzing Matilda” actually means.
62. Gone whale watching.
63. Listened to Slim Dusty.
64. Own five or more Australian movies or TV series. (The Castle, Two Hands, Chaser’s War on Everything)
65. Sang along to Down Under. (There is a niteclub called “Downunder” in Port Macquarie, this song gets played every night they close)
66. Have stopped specifically to look at an historic marker by the side of the road.
67. Eaten a 4?n’20 pie. (Eaten quite a few)
68. Surfed at Bondi. (Body surfed)
69. Watched the cricket on Boxing Day.
70. Visited Hobart.
71. Eaten kangaroo.
72. Seen a quokka.
73. Visited Canberra. (School excursion)
74. Visited rainforests. (The Daintree)
75. Used a Victa lawnmower. (With a beer in hand on a summer afternoon)
76. Travelled on a tram in Adelaide.
77. Used a Hills hoist.
78. Visited Kata Tjuta
79. Used native Australian plants in cooking.
80. Visited the snow. (Mount Blue Cow for school excursion)
81. Chosen a side in Holden VS Ford. (Holden, Go Better)
82. Visited the desert.
83. Been water skiing. (Been Jet Skiing)
84. Read The Phantom.
85. Visited Parliament House. (School excursion)
86. Gone spotlighting or pig-shooting.
87. Crossed the Nullarbor.
88. Avoided swimming in areas because of crocodiles.
89. Listened to AC/DC. (You’ve been…. Thunderstruck!)
90. Called someone a dag.
91. Voted in a Federal Election. (I wrote my name on it, does that count?)
92. Have been swimming and stayed between the flags.
93. Had a possum in your roof. (Was in a mates roof when I was staying over)
94. Visited the outback.
95. Travelled over corrugated roads.
96. Hit a kangaroo while driving. (Almost)
97. Been well outside any mobile phone coverage.
98. Seen an emu.
99. Have woken to the smell of bushfires.
100. Subscribed to RRR.
101. Patted a pure-bred dingo.
102. Seen the Oils live.
Please leave a comment if you use this meme on your blog!