I wanted to have WOT (wide open throttle) on my CBR250R with less “twist of the wrist”. After looking around, I noticed other people with Ninja’s have done it, but not much information for the CBR250R, so I decided to do it.
The purpose of this mod is to allow you to acheive wide open throttle via a larger diameter throttle tube without having to twist your wrist as far.
Stuff you will need
- Zip tie (I used one I had laying around)
- Superglue or other strong bonding agent
- Screwdriver (use proper size)
- Alchohol wipes / cleaner
How to do it
- Cut a zip tie 3 inches in length, then what I did was bend it into a “C” shape and heated it with a lighter, then ran some cold water over it to maintain the shape.
- Remove the throttle cable housing, you will have two screws on this, then remove the throttle cable and return cable.
- What I did then was clean the plastic, and then scuffed it lightly with some sandpaper.
- I then used superglue along the rough size of the zip tie and glued it down onto the throttle tube in the center (where the cables run).
- I then re-attatched the throttle and return cable, and re-assembled the throttle housing, then screwed it back together.
- I checked to make sure the throttle operated smoothly and “snapped” back and didn’t get any binding.
I now have around about an inch / quarter turn to get WOT.