Last night I cooked a lovely vanilla butter cake which is delicious so thought I would share the recipe.
1/2 cup butter at room temparature
2 egg whites at room temperature
1 whole egg at room temperature
1 cup of caster sugar
2 cups of self-raising flour
2 teaspoons ofvanilla essence
1/2 cup of milk
1. Preheat the oven to 170C. Position a rack on the second lowest shelf of the oven.
2. Butter / grease an 8 inch baking pan.
3. Sift the flour into a medium bowl.
4. Beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
5. Add the eggs, one at a time and beat after each addition.
6. Combine milk and vanilla essence in a bowl.
7. Add flour and milk alternately to beaten mixture, beating until combined.
8. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
9. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
10. Cool the cake in the pan for 5 minutes.
11. Remove cake from pan. Let the cake cool completely before icing or frosting.
I hope you enjoy the recipe.